Citizen: The little-known or not so popular facts
Citizen as we don’t have the foggiest idea
Standing a little more than 100 years, Citizen is an intense marvel in the watch world. They are imaginative with watch making innovation and deft at making moderate watches. The fun is: You get a Citizen watch under a wide range of brand names. They are frequently costlier and many are offshoot.
These are limitlessly not the same as what Citizen is popular for – the Eco-Drive! These watches are not controlled by light; could conceivably remain engaged with a large group of exercises; however you can wear them around the globe, in tennis courts and figure-skating rings.
Brands the Citizen Group possesses
- 2008: Citizen purchased the Bulova Watch Company for $250 million (supposedly), transforming into the world’s largest watch manufacturer.
- 2012: Prothor, the holding company for La Joux-Perret (development and module producers providing for Hublot, Panerai and Tag Heuer), Prototec (components and parts makers) and Arnold & Son (brand of extravagance watches), three large Swiss brands went under Citizen Holding at CHF 64 million.
- 2015: Angelus, a brand restored by Arnold & Son fell under the Citizen umbrella.
- 2016: Frederique Constant Group, including Alpina and Ateliers de Monaco.
Little about the brands Citizen possesses
- Bulova : Born American (New York), year 1875. Founder: Joseph Bulova. Most well known watch model: Accutron. Other establishments: Joseph Bulova School of Watchmaking.
- La Joux-Perret: High-end developments and module-creators; late twentieth century. Founded: As Jaquet S.A, La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. Name changed to La Joux-Perret in 2004, under Prothor Holding. Area of expertise: Tourbillons. Found in: Citizen’s Campanola Mechanical Collection.
- Prototec SA: Founded 1989, fabricates watches, timekeepers, watchcases and parts for the watch business. The cutting, rolling and stepping of metal are done in-house.
- Arnold & Son: Born English; year 1764. Founder: John Arnold. Expertise: Repeaters, chronometer-grade developments. Reborn: Specialty: Limited version exemplary and exquisite high-horology with surprising complications (for example wandering hour or the true-beats seconds) that are in fact progressed in their building designs.
- Angelus: Founded 1891; as Stolz Freres SA, going ancient during quartz emergencies. Reborn: 2015, as the inconceivably complex U10 Tourbillon Lumiere, the first among its exceptionally specialized haute horlogerie timepieces.
- Frederique Constant: Founded 1988, in Plan-les-Ouates, Geneva. As Wikipedia specifies it: Before the deal to Citizen , Frédérique Constant SA was possessed by Union Horlogère Holding B.V., which additionally claimed Alpina Watches International SA, and Ateliers deMonaco SA, and was, thus, possessed by Frédérique Constant Holding SA’.
Citizen: The facts
- Citizen was established in 1930 however was enrolled in Switzerland (Schmid; 1918).
- The brand Citizen upheld Count Gotō Shinpei during the 1920s about his fantasies of moderate watches to the general public.
- Till WWII began, Citizen utilized Swiss technology.
Below is the connect to a portion of the watches referenced previously. Snap to see and purchase them.
- https://www.creationwatches.com/products/resident watches-140/